What to Look for When Hiring a Cleaning Service
Luxoclean offers tips for hiring a cleaning service including flexibility, fast communication, eco-friendly products, professionalism, and services offered.
What To Look For In A Cleaning Service
March 17, 2022
Life gets busy. Between shuttling kids to their activities, commuting to work (even if you are a remote worker), preparing meals, getting in a workout, and all of the other things that busy Canadians need to manage, the last thing you want to do is find time to clean your house.
That's why so many homeowners turn to professional housecleaners to do the dirty work for them. And there are countless benefits to hiring a cleaning service. But if you have decided to hire a third party, do you know what to look for? The team at Luxoclean has put together a helpful list of what you should look for when hiring a cleaning service.
5 Things To Look For When Hiring A Cleaning Service For Your Home
We know that not all cleaning companies are the same. Sure, they may say that they do this or that, but what is vital to one homeowner might be entirely different for another. That said, one thing is for sure, if you have decided to hire a cleaning service for your house, you expect high-quality cleaning from personable, respectful, and professional individuals. Aside from that, here is what you should look for.
Your time is important to you, and in the modern world, our days might be different from one to the next. When looking for a cleaning service, ask about scheduling options. Look for one-time, weekly, biweekly, and monthly options. And if those options don't work for you, ask what other options the cleaning service might recommend. We'll work to schedule our cleanings around your schedule whenever we can.
2. A Variety Of Offerings
When people are looking to hire a cleaning service, they usually want a standard cleaning. But sometimes, you need more than a standard cleaning, and you want a cleaning company that offers various services. At Luxoclean, we provide the following.
- Standard cleaning – This includes everything from making the bed, to emptying the garbage bins, to cleaning all surfaces (floors and counters), to dusting your furniture, to wiping down the exterior of your appliances, and more. But not all cleaning services do all of these things. Some might not do anything with your linens, or they might not take out the trash. Be sure to find out what is included in your standard cleaning so you aren't unpleasantly surprised later.
- Deep cleaning – We think of this as that spring cleaning that no homeowners want to do but know needs to be done. This extra attention should include cleaning the baseboards, vacuuming upholstery, and wiping down your door frames. Ensure that your cleaning company allows you to select a deep cleaning every spring or periodically throughout the year.
- Moving and renovation cleaning – If you decide to sell your house or want to pursue a home improvement project, see if your cleaning service can help set you up for success. When you're moving out of your home, the new homeowner expects you to do a deep cleaning before they start to move in their things. However, you probably want to get to your closing and new house and not worry about cleaning the old house. Your cleaning service should offer this as a solution, ensuring walls are spot cleaned, behind the appliances are vacuumed, and more.
3. Fast And Courteous Communication
If you've decided to hire a cleaning company or need a one-time cleaning before a special event, you want to save time and not worry whether or not the company can help. And even more so, if you have a special request or concern about a previous cleaning, you want someone to get back to you as soon as possible. You should expect a prompt response if you submit the contact form on their website or leave a voicemail.
4. Are Environmentally Friendly Products An Option?
We know how important the environment is to our customers. And, though we use commercial products to clean our customer's homes and businesses, we want our customers to know that eco-friendly cleaning products are an option. Be sure to ask any potential cleaning service about the products they use and what alternatives are available. Let us know if you are allergic to various cleaning products or need the service to use your own vacuum. From counter cleaners to floor wax, whatever you need, we've got you covered.
5. Courtesy And Professionalism
We mentioned this one earlier in the article, but this is so important it deserves a section of its own. If you are going to have people in your home that you don't know, you need to feel confident that they will respect you and all those items in your home. For this reason, ask about rules and guidelines about homeowner presence during a cleaning.
Or, if your cleaning service conducts a cleaning when you aren't home, plan a visit sometime. Ask about insurance if an item is broken or damaged. Let the cleaning company show you firsthand that not only do they care about your home and prized possessions, but that they respect you as the homeowner too. You deserve nothing less.
Luxoclean Checks All The Boxes On Your List Of What To Look For In A Cleaning Service
Luxoclean offers residential cleaning services and apartment and condo cleaning services in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, and the surrounding areas. We've been in the business officially since 2021, and our staff has experience cleaning homes before that as well. We know what it takes to provide our customers the best home cleaning experience. We offer a fresh take on cleaning, and you'll quickly see why.
Contact the Luxoclean team today at (226) 808-3368 or email@example.com or complete our online contact form to schedule your first residential cleaning. Our quality control team will make sure that cleaning is at a time convenient for you so that you can focus on the rest of your life while we clean up the mess.